Beckyrdz

Hatching
Apr 23, 2022
Hello. It’s my first time raising chicks. One of them developed splay leg but by the time I realized it she was already very weak from not eating enough. I hand fed her for couple days until she regained some strength and put a splint on her but she is still not walking very much. She can stand but she cries NONSTOP with or without the splint unless she is laying or on a “swing” I made where her feet are able to touch the floor but she is balanced. I recently noticed that it looks like either her left foot is swollen or her right foot is shrunken. Does that look normal? Is she crying because she is in pain or just being a cry baby because she thinks she is gonna fall?? I’m also wondering is if could be a slipped tendon. But her legs were never twisted out at an extreme angle. She is 2 weeks old and has had the splint on for more than 3 days. I’m desperate for her to start walking again. Please help.

Forgot to post the photo!

Attachments

• D76D32A9-59E9-4D15-8451-76C9DBE21E21.jpeg
    D76D32A9-59E9-4D15-8451-76C9DBE21E21.jpeg
    713.6 KB · Views: 22
Hello, I’m curious how did your chick turn out? I have a two week old who can’t walk and I’m afraid it’s too late.

Hello, I’m curious how did your chick turn out? I have a two week old who can’t walk and I’m afraid it’s too late.
Hi. She actually made it. I let her cry for a day, letting her taking breaks on the swing. The next she could walk and kept getting stronger everyday. I guess she was crying because her legs were weak so she couldn’t balance. She runs so fast now. How did yours turn out?

Back
Top Bottom