Sprayed legs

Pecky123

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2023
I have a newborn baby chick that got a sprayed legs. It can't walk just hopping like a bunny. Then, I have read online that it can fixed with putting the bandage. It's quite difficult to put the bandage on the feet and I don't know whether I'm doing it right. Can anybody take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_20230702_150817.jpg
    IMG_20230702_150817.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 38
If the legs are spread widely apart, that is splayed legs and should respond to the hobble that you have applied. It needs to be left on for about 3-4 days, but you can take it off and replace it as needed or to check. Usually the chick will get used to wearing it, and build up the legs. Sometimes there can be other problems with the legs, such as slipped tendon, twisted legs, or leg bone deformities that make it difficult to get around.

If the legs are spread widely apart, that is splayed legs and should respond to the hobble that you have applied. It needs to be left on for about 3-4 days, but you can take it off and replace it as needed or to check. Usually the chick will get used to wearing it, and build up the legs. Sometimes there can be other problems with the legs, such as slipped tendon, twisted legs, or leg bone deformities that make it difficult to get around.
Before I put the bandage his leg spread to the side and a little bit to the back. He's hopping around to move and always on his tummy. Did I put it right? the bandage, I meant. Or should I do it smaller? Because he doesn't look comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom