Started to free range my birds.

KennyZeDevildog

Chirping
Jan 27, 2024
It went pretty well, with some slight hiccups. Today was day three of letting them kick up leaves in the yard. My only hiccups is my rooster didn't go back to roost right away yesterday, but he did today, and one of my hens went into the dog run, but she was fine and the dogs didn't get to her at all and we got her out. They seem to be especially fond of kicking up leaves under our forsythia bush. They're doing well. I've noticed one of my girls is really sassy. Whenever I feed or water them she runs out and watches me do it and excitedly waddles back to the food and water area. Pics to come tomorrow as it's my first day off.

It went pretty well, with some slight hiccups. Today was day three of letting them kick up leaves in the yard. My only hiccups is my rooster didn't go back to roost right away yesterday, but he did today, and one of my hens went into the dog run, but she was fine and the dogs didn't get to her at all and we got her out. They seem to be especially fond of kicking up leaves under our forsythia bush. They're doing well. I've noticed one of my girls is really sassy. Whenever I feed or water them she runs out and watches me do it and excitedly waddles back to the food and water area. Pics to come tomorrow as it's my first day off.
That's awesome! They are so much happier when they get to go where they want and scratch to their heart's content! Even the dog run lol. Ours go in ours too and it's rocks so they can't scratch in there, so beats me.

We'll look forward to those pictures! 😊

Some blueberries were harmed in the taking of these photos
1000003371.jpg

1000003372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom