Step 2 Plastic Playhouse Coop Help

HeatherKellyB

✝️ Perfectly Imperfect ✝️
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Hello! I know there are a few members that have converted these plastic playhouses into coops, so I am hoping someone else can help me out and tag them.
My 4 ducks sleep in a Step2 Plastic Playhouse that we modified for them. This has been their duck house since they moved outdoors over a year ago and it's worked really well (in fact I am trying to find 1 or 2 more!). After this time, I've got a couple of questions. First, we've got leak in the seam where the roof pieces go together. They're fitted together, overlapping properly and screwed into each other. I thought that maybe the leak was coming from the sun roof type window in the roof or blowing in through the windows, so I decided to spend a few rain storms out there to find out exactly where it's dripping so I can fix it. It's definitely dripping from the seam, in a few places, I imagine where the pieces fit together. What can I do to fix this leak? I thought about doing a quick fix of just placing some type of thin plastic in there, but I figured that if I'm going to have to take it apart, I should fix it in whatever way is going to work longterm. I took a picture of the seam I'm referring to from the front and from inside the duck house looking up. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've got any ideas for someone that doesn't know how to do much but always enjoys learning.
20201229_183933.jpg

20201229_184152.jpg

Also, did you leave the flooring in yours? I have the floor in there still but it's in terrible shape, but I also have a very thick piece of linoleum laid to fit perfectly over the floor. I'm not having problems with this yet but I'm curious about any input about this.

Thank you so much for your time!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I plan to get started on this as soon as I can get to the store for caulk. I am so happy to not have to take the whole thing apart

Back
Top Bottom