Stock Tank Size for 10 Cornish X

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
Hi, it's been a while since we raised Cornish cross and just need to k ow if the stock tank we have will be big enough for 10 birds (raising from day old to 3 weeks).

The tank measurements are 2'x5'x2'. I don't know how many gallons it is.

It's probably fine, especially this time of year when they should be able to go outside sooner. We raised 7 in a 2'/3' dog cage until they went out at 3 weeks. It was a little cramped by week 3 but it was fine.

I think you want about 1 square foot per bird, and you've got that.

It's probably fine, especially this time of year when they should be able to go outside sooner. We raised 7 in a 2'/3' dog cage until they went out at 3 weeks. It was a little cramped by week 3 but it was fine.

I think you want about 1 square foot per bird, and you've got that.
Thank you so much

I think last time we raised them it was early in the year, so we had to keep them in longer and that's why we had to separate.

Hi, it's been a while since we raised Cornish cross and just need to k ow if the stock tank we have will be big enough for 10 birds (raising from day old to 3 weeks).

The tank measurements are 2'x5'x2'. I don't know how many gallons it is.
I raised 10 Cornish Xs and they outgrew a 500 gallon stock tank by about 4 weeks old. They make so much manure I had to change their bedding every couple days. A wire bottomed brooder would about be more ideal in my future Cornish Xs. I put them out in an outdoor brooder when they were 4 weeks old with straw for bedding and they made it nasty in no time with as much manure they produce. A movable tractor pen would be good for them. May have hubby make me one of them in the future for when they outgrow the wire bottomed brooders. I have butchered 2 every other weekend since they were 8 weeks old. We havent even put any in the freezer yet. They are wonderful on the grill!

Back
Top Bottom