Stone springhouse as coop

Wonders what it looks like inside.
Only con I can see is having year round, weather protected ventilation.
If windows have sufficient wood framing, might be able to install awnings over the windows...clear roofing on awnings would help preserve heat gain from sunlight in winter.
Are there windows on the other sides?

O my goodness. Thanks for all the replies. So no active spring around. Building stays dry. So I have to add wood and facia under the roof. So I could add some ventilation up high. Also normal windows would be added. It has a quartz like stuff on inside walls with some kind of white plaster????? Floor is cement so deep sand bedding would work. Could add freestanding heavy wooden perches and nests boxes so I wouldn't have to drill.into it. I attach the pics of inside. With closeup of shiny quartz like on walls.

Attachments

• 20220813_201402.jpg
    20220813_201402.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220813_201431.jpg
    20220813_201431.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220813_201412.jpg
    20220813_201412.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220813_201402.jpg
    20220813_201402.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 3
O my goodness. Thanks for all the replies. So no active spring around. Building stays dry. So I have to add wood and facia under the roof. So I could add some ventilation up high. Also normal windows would be added. It has a quartz like stuff on inside walls with some kind of white plaster????? Floor is cement so deep sand bedding would work. Could add freestanding heavy wooden perches and nests boxes so I wouldn't have to drill.into it. I attach the pics of inside. With closeup of shiny quartz like on walls.
Easy to make free standing nest boxes and roosts. I'd keep the soffits open and cover with HC. I'd use wood shavings on the floor. Easy to sweep out and replace.

Hardware cloth attached to wood framing, not 'real windows', with awnings to keep out the wind and weather. Also hardware cloth under the soffits for ventilation.
It would be a shame to alter that door, but a hardware cloth 'window' in the upper section would be nice too.
And shavings on the floor, possibly over rubber stall mats.
Drool is running down my chin...
Mary

Back
Top Bottom