Stopped laying

Margaretj12

Hatching
Jun 6, 2021
Hi I have 3 runner ducks and a drake ducks been laying daily for 6 months last week only 2 and one duck sitting on a nest in the hut been discouraging and moving eggs can't find 3rd egg free range watching but not seeing one missing

Can you explain this better, please.
although it is normal for them to stop laying every once in a while if they didn't they would get so depleted in calcium it would start coming from their bones to make eggshells.

You have a Runner sitting on a nest?

although it is normal for them to stop laying every once in a while if they didn't they would get so depleted in calcium it would start coming from their bones to make eggshells.

Yes trying to but advised to move her off each day and take eggs she has been sitting on hers and other duck but third duck has stopped laying

Just keep taking up the eggs if you don't want her to hatch, I have 2 Muscovy and 4 chickens sitting right now and none have eggs under them. I just let them get over it as long as they are coming out and eating and drinking every day. Tried many times to break them, just doesn't work so well.

Back
Top Bottom