Storing fertile eggs?

thanai

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Canada
Hi everyone,
I'll be doing my first hatch later this summer, and I'm wondering how to store the eggs when the time comes? I won't be collecting any for incubation for the time being but I want to be prepared. For example, should I refrigerate them? And should I wash them? Any help appreciated :)

Store at moderate temperature and humidity in a clean medium and turn twice daily. Do not refrigerate and clean only if they are significantly dirty. Especially dirty eggs are best not incubated unless needed for some reason.

Store at moderate temperature and humidity in a clean medium and turn twice daily. Do not refrigerate and clean only if they are significantly dirty. Especially dirty eggs are best not incubated unless needed for some reason.
Thank you! That's really helpful :D

Omg! Love this question! I put mine in egg cartons (pointy side down) And leave them at room temp (68-73 degrees F) I prop them up on a thing that’s about 1-3 inches high, and then I turn them twice daily. Like stated above, make sure they are clean! I bit of straw or hay is ok, but feces is not recommended! You can store them like that for up to 8 days! I hope this helped!

Hi everyone,
I'll be doing my first hatch later this summer, and I'm wondering how to store the eggs when the time comes? I won't be collecting any for incubation for the time being but I want to be prepared. For example, should I refrigerate them? And should I wash them? Any help appreciated :)
Hi I noticed some replies. Do not wash eggs you will incubate. There is a protective coating on the eggs. It prevents bacteria chicks can be born sick or weak.

Back
Top Bottom