Sudden limping hen after a fight //HELP//

Sure thing!
I hadn't given her any meds yet! I will put her back with the flock.

Also, what can I do about them fighting? Only 2 of my hens hate each other and they fight a lot when I am handling out the treats. So much so, my hand gets caught in the fire and I have a peck or two from them. They even bleed themselves a bit from the wattles and the comb. I always have to pick one up and separate them entirely.
If they are fighting over treats like you describe, then you are hand feeding the treats?

Scatter treats far and wide - this spreads the flock out and lessens aggression over treats. Your gathering them all in one small space and just doling/handing out treats creates competition between the birds. Cut out that activity and you will see less fighting.

If they are fighting over treats like you describe, then you are hand feeding the treats?

Scatter treats far and wide - this spreads the flock out and lessens aggression over treats. Your gathering them all in one small space and just doling/handing out treats creates competition between the birds. Cut out that activity and you will see less fighting.
Yes. I am hand feeding them the treats. I will now spread the treats.

I gave my hen a warm epsom salt bath as her condition looked worse than yesterday. After her feathers became wet, the condition of her right leg was easy to see. Her leg was extremely swollen. She definitely sprained her leg. The 2nd picture is the one with the swollen leg. And the 3rd is for comparison.
Should I try to massage her leg with some olive oil? Would that help?
I also gave her some vitamin B 12 mixed with yogurt. After the bath, she is moving less and is also eating less. She is in a lot of pain. Her droppings also don't very normal. Is it because of her lack of appetite?

Attachments

• 20210914_115644.jpg
    20210914_115644.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210914-121257_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-121257_WhatsApp.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210914-121322_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-121322_WhatsApp.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom