Suprelorin implant.

Amber32

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
Hello, my ex commercial girl, Maple, had her first Suprelorin implant put in today. She was constantly laying non stop, and last week got a huge egg stuck, which thankfully passed in a warm Epsom salts bath. Her feathers never look good, especially her tail feathers, and I really didn’t want to lose her, so I opted for the implant. She seems fine so far after it. Do I still need to feed her her layers mash now that she’s had the implant? I assume I now need to stop the additional liquid calcium drops she was having?

When she stops laying you can stop extra calcium and switch to an all-flock diet. It would not hurt her to eat the layer feed for a while to build her calcium levels back up, even a few weeks would probably be fine.

When she molts she will grow in new (and beautiful) tail feathers.

When she stops laying you can stop extra calcium and switch to an all-flock diet. It would not hurt her to eat the layer feed for a while to build her calcium levels back up, even a few weeks would probably be fine.

When she molts she will grow in new (and beautiful) tail feathers.
Thank you so much. Would an all flock feed be ok for my other hen, a Scots Dumpy who is laying? I’m in the UK, and have never heard of all flock feed before! I’ll have to have a look!

It can be fed to all birds at all life stages, although if it is fed to layers you should provide a source of calcium such as oyster shell free fed. A grower/finisher type diet would also work.

Love Scots Dumpys :love

It can be fed to all birds at all life stages, although if it is fed to layers you should provide a source of calcium such as oyster shell free fed. A grower/finisher type diet would also work.

Love Scots Dumpys :love
Thank you, I’ve not been able to find an all flock feed over here yet, but I’ll have a better look in a bit. They always have mixed flint and oyster shell grit in their pen.

Back
Top Bottom