Swollen vent. Please help.

I think it's looking better! You're making progress.
Thank you for the update! Please do keep me posted:)

Tobi's been doing well! The espom salt really helps when they poop but after that they still struggle and still make this high pitch noise when defecating.
I also noticed there's these yellowish white stuff on the outer inner vent. I gently tried wiping it but it's not coming off.
We're not sure what that is and applied the cream on it.
I also forgot to mention that Tobi has been isolated! No other chickens can peck their vent but there are times after Tobi scratch their vent, there will be faint fresh blood on the tissue when we clean them.

20210321_181012.jpg

Last edited:
You're feeding him chick starter correct?
You gave him 7 full days of the cream twice a day right?
It does look better.
Sorry, I haven't had time to reply back!
We forgot to feed Tobi the cream so thank you for reminding us!
We started giving Tobi the cream on Monday. I'm not home at the moment but once I'm home, I'll give Tobi their cream around 2pm then later tonight.
We're also low on chick starter feed too, so I gotta get more cause our dad is slowly easing the flock away from the chick feed to cracked corn mixed with some older chicken feeds.

Tobi's been gone from their flock for awhile so we're slowly introducing them back with their friends. Some of Tobi's siblings still remember them but the 2 brothers are kinda crazy except for 1. He's been very nice to Tobi.

We started giving Tobi the cream on Monday. I'm not home at the moment but once I'm home, I'll give Tobi their cream around 2pm then later tonight.
We're also low on chick starter feed too, so I gotta get more cause our dad is slowly easing the flock away from the chick feed to cracked corn mixed with some older chicken feeds.

Tobi's been gone from their flock for awhile so we're slowly introducing them back with their friends. Some of Tobi's siblings still remember them but the 2 brothers are kinda crazy except for 1. He's been very nice to Tobi.
how old are they? chicks cant eat normal chicken feed until POL

how old are they? chicks cant eat normal chicken feed until POL
A lot of the chickens hatched around January 23-26 of this year and March is almost over so I guess they're about 2 months now?
I still want them to be on starter feed for a bit more but our dad has his own way of raising chickens. ( ; - ; )
That's how he's been raising chickens when I was little, along with my uncles and grandparents.

A lot of the chickens hatched around January 23-26 of this year and March is almost over so I guess they're about 2 months now?
I still want them to be on starter feed for a bit more but our dad has his own way of raising chickens. ( ; - ; )
That's how he's been raising chickens when I was little, along with my uncles and grandparents.
Well, tell him to read the back of the package lol!

I would try to stick with the chick starter (and no corn) for Tobi until he completely recovers.
I do understand that sometimes things don't always go the way we want. If he is getting corn, then I would make sure he has access to grit (crushed granite) free choiced.

Integration may not go very well, especially with other cockerels involved. You may find that you need to keep Tobi separated or even house the cockerels separate from one another too as they get older - it really depends on temperament, space, breed, etc. You just never know, but often the males don't tolerate one another.

As for the way your Dad feeds - everyone does things differently, so if what he does has been working all these years, then that's what he's going to do.

Back
Top Bottom