Table for amount of feed at different ages...

Quote:
Howdy nelstone. Yes, the information came from the site that DigitS' mentioned. There's naturally a little bit more to the spreadsheet than you see in the screen capture. If you'd like a copy of what I put together (it ain't nothing fancy!
smile.png
) I'll be glad to email it to you...just let me know.

Ed

I went back and looked at the spreadsheet and found a couple of problems with it. Some of the data used in the spreadsheet were for production leghorn-type birds so I decided to go with a 4 ounce feed ration for chickens 52 weeks old and let the ages on either side sort out accordingly. 4 ounces is often stated for average amount of feed eaten by large fowl, dual-purpose chickens.

I believe that this sheet will reflect a more accurate feed consumption than the previous one posted. Being as feed prices vary from region to region I simply entered a (very) rough average of prices for 50# bags.

If you find something that doesn't look right let me know and let me know what you think would be more accurate. Thanks!

FWIW.
smile.png

Ed
25984_chickenfeed1_medium.jpg

People would be well-advised to take a close look at that chart, Ed, before they make a first-time decision to purchase chicks.

Really, I think the chart should be an encouragement to have a small, backyard flock! The problem for some folks is that, "if some are good, more is better" . . !!

Those folks, often fret about too many eggs! Heck, I even buy eggs now and then thru the year.

A small flock is little bother and little expense.

Thanks for the work on the chart!

Steve
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom