Temperature spike in my incubator

kcardella

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
Leslie, AR
I am trying to hatch goose eggs for the first time (my first time hatching any eggs). They were put in the incubator last Saturday (6 days). Sometime between midnight last night and 6 am this morning, the temperature in my LG spiked to 104 degrees. I am not sure how long it was this high, but no more than 6 hours.

Can the eggs survive this? It has been staying steady at 100-101 degrees with 45-55% humidity since they were set.

It is possible they will be ok. Just get the temp back on track and candle in a day or two. Hope all is well. I have goose eggs in mine too, mine are due around the10th.
wee.gif

I think they will be fine. That isn't a big spike IMO. I have lots of trouble with my bator spiking to over 112 alot. Now, I usually catch it within an hour or two. I haven't had any batch ruined due to my spikes yet except for the very first time I tried hatching. I did fry those but I have learned to keep a close check on it now.

That gives me hope! I was near tears this morning. I read so much on this forum, and goose eggs seem so hard to hatch. I just want to make sure I do what I can right!

Thanks! I will candle this weekend, and let you know what I find.

Eggs can survive that as long as it is not an extended period. I have had a couple of spikes with my last hatches and the hatch rate has been just fine.

I have duck eggs and the temperature went to 103.4 and 103.8 another time. They made it each time I candled them and are still developing normaly. Other than those 2 times which wasn't 2 days in a row, the temp. has been really steady. It got to 103 because it was a really warm day out and I should have brought down the dimmer. But they are still alive.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom