Tennessee State Law Selling Eggs

admirals49

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
OK, I am just curious on what my options would be for selling eggs from my flock of hens in my backyard? I was approached & asked if there would be any way I could start a Facebook group page selling eggs, & vegetables from the locals. I am seriously considering it, but I am a little confused on the "Egg Law" here in the state of Tennessee.

Can someone help me? I know I don't have to have a license, but what pther regulations should I be considering? Here is the 2012 stature: https://ag.tennessee.edu/cpa/Information Sheets/cpa188.pdf

Thank you in advance! :)

Lol! This was posted in 2014...silence. Thats what its like doing farm stuff in east Tennessee. It's 2023 now and still same. I'm trying to figure this out now. The official guides to selling eggs are the usual mostly true, but not fully true, bull**** you find in all states. However, its much harder to find the actual laws, and then find the time to read and understand them all. If there is anything I've come to know for sure, its that once you allow somebody, especially an "official" somebody, explain things to you the actual truth slips under the carpet for what is going to make the government the most money and give them the most control over what your doing.

How do you sell natural eggs? People want "dirty" eggs. Do I have to set up a "hen share" like people do with cows?

Back
Top Bottom