The Cayuga

Duckie doodle

Songster
Jun 27, 2019
NY
Hello fellow duck lovers! I am here to help anyone with any questions they may have... I first would like to introduce some of the breeds that I raise... the first breed profile I am going to go over is the Cayuga. The Cayuga came from the Finger Lakes area on Lake Cayuga in Ithaca NY. The Cayuga is a medium size breed, with green sheen, all black bill and all black feet. I have been raising Cayuga for 3 years. I do occasionally show my cayuga. I have added pictures of my Cayuga. Also, you can check out my farm page. I do offer ducklings, eggs, and started breeders for those who want to get into the breed.

https://www.facebook.com/Stone-Creek-Farm-101467732163792/

Attachments

• 20211112_143224.jpg
    20211112_143224.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211112_143002.jpg
    20211112_143002.jpg
    867.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211022_160410.jpg
    20211022_160410.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211022_150449.jpg
    20211022_150449.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Lovely flock! I might get a Cayuga some day. For now, I just have my 4: a Welsh Harlequin, a Black Swedish, a Fawn and White Runner, and a Saxony. Ducks are awesome!!!!

Check out some of the other posts in the Ducks forum. You might be able to offer advice to those seeking help/info. I think you'll find we're a pretty knowledgeable group, but wisdom and experience are always welcome!!!

Hello fellow duck lovers! I am here to help anyone with any questions they may have... I first would like to introduce some of the breeds that I raise... the first breed profile I am going to go over is the Cayuga. The Cayuga came from the Finger Lakes area on Lake Cayuga in Ithaca NY. The Cayuga is a medium size breed, with green sheen, all black bill and all black feet. I have been raising Cayuga for 3 years. I do occasionally show my cayuga. I have added pictures of my Cayuga. Also, you can check out my farm page. I do offer ducklings, eggs, and started breeders for those who want to get into the breed.

https://www.facebook.com/Stone-Creek-Farm-101467732163792/
Gorgeous flock! I do have a few questions though.. I have 3 Cayugas that have me confused, 2 have one tail curl and one has 2 is this normal for the drakes or do I only have one drake? I do have another drake that has 2 curls in a different breed which was very easy to distinguish since the other 4 didn't change colors and do not have the curl. But with the Cayuga's I'm having hard time.. they all chatter together so I am unable to distinguish by the quacks as well.. please help!!!

Gorgeous flock! I do have a few questions though.. I have 3 Cayugas that have me confused, 2 have one tail curl and one has 2 is this normal for the drakes or do I only have one drake? I do have another drake that has 2 curls in a different breed which was very easy to distinguish since the other 4 didn't change colors and do not have the curl. But with the Cayuga's I'm having hard time.. they all chatter together so I am unable to distinguish by the quacks as well.. please help!!!
If they have a drake curl they are drakes. Also, when they do chatter the drake are much more raspy sounding compared to a female.

Back
Top Bottom