The fowl pox thread~ ask questions get answers.

Update on my remaining 2 welsummer hens. They are not showing and signs of having fowl pox right now. I really hope they don't get it! I freak everytime they scratch their heads cause I'm paranoid. šŸ˜‚ So far so good.... They have clean water and food at all times. I have been keeping their coop super clean (raking it out). They look pretty good!

Update on my remaining 2 welsummer hens. They are not showing and signs of having fowl pox right now. I really hope they don't get it! I freak everytime they scratch their heads cause I'm paranoid. šŸ˜‚ So far so good.... They have clean water and food at all times. I have been keeping their coop super clean (raking it out). They look pretty good!
Consider putting flexible window screen over the vents on your coop. The screen will stop mosquitos, gnats and flies from feeding off your birds at night.
You can also put it at the entrance to the coop, just slice the screen into strips and your birds can easily enter and leave the coop.
I install screen on all my coops. A roll of screen doesnt cost much and Lowe's has it.
002.JPG

006.JPG

Could this be fowl pox? What would yā€™all suggest for treatment?:hit

Attachments

• 11D5EFB9-6AF1-4D09-8D17-9A79B16B3E34.jpeg
    11D5EFB9-6AF1-4D09-8D17-9A79B16B3E34.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 12D28F5C-F256-4A1B-B0CF-78ABC5B76E30.png
    12D28F5C-F256-4A1B-B0CF-78ABC5B76E30.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Could this be fowl pox? What would yā€™all suggest for treatment?:hit
Welcome To BYC

To me, it looks like impacted feather follicles.
Seeking vet care is always a good idea, but if that's not an option, then I would explore 1 of those - swab/clean well with hibiclens (Chlorhexidine) or Betadine, then use a sterilized needle and see if you can an imbedded feather inside.

Back
Top Bottom