The insanity of a single duckling

Re: Dog as company
My border collie is way too interested in our 5 ducklings. Cries and carries on if I leave him in the house when I deal with brooder. Im working on making him sit and watch, but I dont think he’s to be trusted with them. He’s very focused, and a bit jealous.😂

Last edited:
Re: Dog as company
My border collie is way too interested in our 5 ducklings. Cries and carries on if I leave him in the house when I deal with brooder. Im working on making him sit and watch, but I dont think he’s to be trusted with them. He’s very focused, and a bit jealous.😂
My border collie loves his ducklings. Has to be right there when we let them bathe, or if they are doing the omg peep.

A6DA9206-A1C3-4A1D-9E69-4EA04FC55891.jpeg
My girl how ever wants to carry them around so her just sitting any watching any ducklings is great

7BD358A6-5364-48BA-9BA5-DDF531CE6D49.jpeg

My border collie loves his ducklings. Has to be right there when we let them bathe, or if they are doing the omg peep.

View attachment 2631771
My girl how ever wants to carry them around so her just sitting any watching any ducklings is great

View attachment 2631772
Amazing. Might seems a bit high drive about the whole thing. But i”m trying to involve him so he can participate a bit when they are older.

is that a Belgian Tervern? Love.

We got a feather duster which helped. Didn’t completely fix it but helped.
I got my Rouen duck a sm stuffed teddy bear and now that she is bigger and outside it’s still with her in her enclosure. My new duckling Echo I got a sm stuffed pony and echo sleeps with it great.

View attachment 2631771

View attachment 2631772
All of my animals are always involved with helping my ducklings crawl all over my dogs my cats and a cat I rescued who has a litter. My Pitty was the best he immediately became the care taker for anything I brought home, deer, kittens , chicken, baby bunny, raccoon etc he was the best. He crossed the rainbow bridge over a year ago due to old age.

Amazing. Might seems a bit high drive about the whole thing. But i”m trying to involve him so he can participate a bit when they are older.

is that a Belgian Tervern? Love.
That’s my girl she is a Belgian Tervuren. She thinks it is her job to help with the ducks. Sadly the ducks don’t agree with her version of help because it involves picking them up and carrying them somewhere so she can “play” with them. She hasn’t realized that ducks don’t play like dogs.

Back
Top Bottom