The Summer Diaries of the girls ----> and their mischief.

AussieHens96

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
Our family owns five, at the moment, chickens, all hens; two isa browns, one speckled silver laced wyandotte and two silkies. With Summer finally here the girls are enjoying the beautiful weather. So, without further adue, our girls:

And their home/yard which they are allowed to roam all day around. It's one of our side yard which, before we had chickens, wasn't used at all so by having them we've fixed it up, made it safer for them, added some extra bushes and plants. The smaller of the coop, when one of our silkies (Penny [buff silky] or Lola [white silkie]) goes broody, as they seem to be the only ones. Well, Penny is older and so she's gone broody a couple times, for as long as 2-3 months - she was determined. Lola is only old enough to lay now. Anyway, whoever goes broody first we're planning to leave them in the smaller coop and keep it shut for them. Then we'll pick up some day olds for her (she's practically raised the two Isa Browns at 8 weeks and Lola from 5 weeks old) and keep them seperate from the flock as our two Isas, Midlred and Girtrude, don't exactly have a fabulous track record with young chicks. They were violent with Lola upon arrival so we had to keep them apart until she was older - now they get on fabulously.

Anyway, here is their yard :) Mostly aussie natives which they love, along with some others, too and a lovely big nectarine tree which we never get fruit from because the wildlife eat it and, anyway, the chickens love the fallen fruit.

And how could we forget our resident wild rabbit whom loves our yard and frequently visits - Flopsy. Yeah, not a creative name but it stuck. :p

Very nice!!
thumbsup.gif
Your girls look very happy too. I must admit, your yard looks like the yards over here in S. Florida, lol! Same kind of weather, I guess. That's a cute shot of the resident bunny too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Oh how cute!  I wish it was the beginning of summer here....:/
Very nice!!    :thumbsup    Your girls look very happy too.    I must admit, your yard looks like the yards over here in S. Florida, lol!     Same kind of weather, I guess.    That's a cute shot of the resident bunny too.    Thanks so much for sharing.

We're down in Victoria, Australia and it's just hit Summer as of a couple days ago. Thank you. They are very happy at the moment. It's become a bit rainy yesterday and today.

Back
Top Bottom