Thermometer shows lower temperature than incubator

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
I bought a thermometer today just to double check if my incubator is correct. Well apparently it's only 34°C in there when the incubator shows 37.5°C. I was wondering why my hatches are always a day late and go on for 2-3 days. I guess my incubator shows the wrong temperature. I'm kinda scared to make the temp higher in the incubator settings cause what if the thermometer is not telling the truth and i accidentally kill the eggs a couple days before hatch? Which one should I trust? Eggs go into lockdown tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230319_163517.jpg
    20230319_163517.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 29
Did you calibrate the thermometer you're using to check the temp?

I don't know if upping the temperature at this point, even if it's low, is a good idea, so maybe someone else can answer that.

I think for this one I would leave it since they’ve been at that temp the whole time and you don’t want to mess anything up for them but for the next batch you could try changing it. And stick the probe in a glass of ice water. It should read 0°C. But give it time to get to there.

I put it in ice water, directly in between the ice cubes and its showing 0°. Then I suppose the incubator is cooler than it should be. I hope the chicks hatch alright. I should really get a new incubator cause this one's turner just broke and now I've realized the temp is inaccurate. Maybe I should get a brinsea ovation 28 advance incubator? Are they good and last years?

I put it in ice water, directly in between the ice cubes and it’s showing 0°. Then I suppose the incubator is cooler than it should be. I hope the chicks hatch alright. I should really get a new incubator cause this one's turner just broke and now I've realized the temp is inaccurate. Maybe I should get a brinsea ovation 28 advance incubator? Are they good and last years?
Brinsea is a very good quality incubator but they’re pretty expensive. If you’re willing to pay though, they’re excellent.

I have a similar problem i have a digital ones reading over 85.9 but the incubator saying 37.5 the cal is 0.00 do i need to make it lower and then set the temperature?

Back
Top Bottom