Things I do after thirty years with chickens

Your birdie is stiller than mine...

I've had chickens all my life and never any as calm and friendly as the serama(s). I did raise them from chicks and handled them daily but I have always done that and these are just calm and friendly. I did find new homes for 3 of the roosters that were less friendly than tiny 13 Oz 'white rabbit'

That picture of the blue EE's with their heads in the box eating which is adorable but is the food inside something on the other side or just poured in the other box? That is such a good idea. I assume you have a top on the box with the feed?

That picture of the blue EE's with their heads in the box eating which is adorable but is the food inside something on the other side or just poured in the other box? That is such a good idea. I assume you have a top on the box with the feed?
Thank you, just my homemade copy of the metal brooders with the external food tray.

I use a cereal box. It is taped to the outside of the corrugated box. I tried to make the holes big enough to allow a birds head in the feed area but not the entire body. I don't like droppings in the food.

Back
Top Bottom