Thoughts on my duck’s condition for showing?

PigTheChicken

Chirping
Feb 7, 2021
I have a silver appleyard around the age of 6 months old, her name is ‘Monte’. I have thoughts about taking her to a couple of shows to see how she goes. Just wondering if you have any thoughts about her condition and how well she might do in a show? I would also appreciate any tips on showing ducks! She is 85% tame and the only problem really is that she doesn’t really like being carried around. Is there any training that would help with that?
Here are some photos. (One of the photos also has our drake)
40A8DFB2-0354-4FAE-B661-68B098185187.jpeg
342EB103-074B-45DF-B70A-B8D6C85EC3C7.jpeg
B4A02811-CF77-4C7A-A596-49D271722193.jpeg
A40A45E8-3A45-431A-A8D2-740BC7E6A634.jpeg

Pretty pair. Love the breed. ❤️
Thank you!😄 I decided to try raising some ducks, and I looked around and saw there were some ducklings for sale near where I live! I didn’t think they were a common breed because I have never heard or seen anyone else with one?

Thank you!😄 I decided to try raising some ducks, and I looked around and saw there were some ducklings for sale near where I live! I didn’t think they were a common breed because I have never heard or seen anyone else with one?

They are less common but a lovely breed. I have six that are about ten weeks old.

I don’t know much about showing, but we have two Appleyards and they are wonderful ducks. I’ve never seen one with as much white as yours, though! She’s gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom