Time to let chicks out?

Empath_mom

Chirping
May 12, 2022
I live near las vegas nevada just about 40 min out of town in a sweet rural neighborhood.. it's hitting 90s during the day and lows about 63 at night my Littles are about 6 weeks I've been locking them in the coop at night with a heat tv lol.. yep a heat tv. . Is it still too cool out at night for them?

Attachments

• 20220515_094754.jpg
    20220515_094754.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 2
Yeah I would say that they will probably be fine though it my not be good to suddenly take away all their heat if you have still been giving them a good bit. You should maybe ween them for a bit before taking the heat completely away.

They haven't figured out they can go upstairs for the warm tv lol just not sure if I should continue gathering them every night and locking them inside. It's hitting 90's today they are happy campers outside right now dust baths and all

I generally round mine up nightly and lock them in until they figure it out. Not sure how secure your pen is, or how open to the elements.

I generally round mine up nightly and lock them in until they figure it out. Not sure how secure your pen is, or how open to the elements.
We don't have many preditors maybe coyotes and hawks I'm in a neighborhood by the mountains in southern nevada.

No raccoons or anything smart enough to work the locks.

Back
Top Bottom