Too cold for Chicks?

No, I'd NOT put them back inside.
Can i ask why you recommend not bringing them back inside? I've been driving myself (and family) crazy with this as the temp suggestions for raiising chicks seemed to be strict... it's my 1st time with chickens and was raised in Philly so never knew anyone with them. I have 3 4 week old pullets, 2 sex link & 1 dominique who is the sweetest girl ever. For the past week I've be bringing em out to the covered run everyday from when its 78° or higher until dusk or 73° its dropped down to 60 ans i thought it too cold at their age. They seem to love it outside but been bringing em back in every night and they hollar for 15 minutes after put back in the brooder box w net cover and they sound pissed off. I built them a perch for both brooder and run, they do roost. Its warm.out tonite at 79° and i felt bad bringing em in the house, but its dark and they've never slept in the coop before and only started walking up the ramp to go inside the other day (theyve not done more than poke around in there...the like the grassy run more)
Is it ok to start leaving them out for the night?
A nightlight in the coop? Is there a temp thats too low (we will still get chilly nights this month)? We love these girls Goldie Fawn, Checker and ninja bitch (no name yet but she drop kicks other chicks for food) They seem to have a good amount of feathers and can't imagine losing one to negligence.
Sorry for the novel, thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 16551728256736894181586360938600.jpg
    16551728256736894181586360938600.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom