Tooshtoosh and Mrs. Tooshtoosh Mating and Preparing Nest -- OMG OMG!!

Update

Tooshtoosh (the male): well, we assume he is sitting on eggs quite nearby -- but we don't know where. Why?

Mrs. Tooshtoosh has been turning up, and after her wheat, she spends as much as an hour moving about, and vocalising: quite clearly territorial stuff.

And Limpy Chick just turned up!! For several minutes, I thought it was Tooshtoosh, strayed from the nest. But the bird moseyed right up to me, which Tooshtoosh won't do.
20200623_125917.jpg

Now let's test your Emoo Observation Skills: can you see that the middle left talon is slightly thicker? That's L.C.'s identifying feature, the legacy of the injury that gave her her name. And she has her Dad's crazy orange dinosaur eyes.

Last edited:
So where has Limpy Chick been? Well, she left a couple of months ago, with her consort, 'Sandy.' And note that she has turned up within days of us assuming that Tooshtoosh was incubating. So what's the bet that Sandy also started sitting just a few days ago, that Limpy Chick is not the type to hang around, and she's come home?

Last edited:
Big Noooz First:

After almost four years away, and presumed dead, Felicity Emu has come home.

Check here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/supreme-emu-got-technology.432254/

See the photo of two fuzzy chicks and a tin plate. One is Felicity, as a black-head chick, in 2009. And I fed her from the same plate this morning. She is tame enough for me to usually be able to pull ticks from her neck (though it takes a lot of sultanas).

And: Limpy Chick and Mrs Tooshtoosh are still here. The pecking order is Limpy Chick then Mrs. T. then Felicity.

And . . . if Tooshtoosh is really incubating nearby, the hatch is very close. But we don't know if Tooshtoosh will bring the chicks here, or hit the road. Watch this space!!!

Supreme Emu

Brief. Let's close this thread:

we assumed that Tooshtoosh was sitting on eggs. But it's usually the case that the male departs with the clutch upon hatch. But sooky Tooshtoosh might have stayed.

Anyway, all data is data. That's how it goes:

Mrs T. was here the whole time -- which suggests that Tooshtoosh was here also. Then Felicity came back after years of travel. Limpy Chick Emu then proceeded to aggressively drive them off. Haven't see either of them for some days (though there is definitely a female nearly).

We did see a unique thing: T. and Mrs. T. were a breeding-pair for more than a year.

Back
Top Bottom