Town of Salina, NY

Carly K.

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2017
Hi! I'm new to this site. I've read a lot about how to raise the chickens we have had since before Easter.

We bought our house in Mattydale, NY, and with the massive size of our 5 ft. fenced backyard, I was very excited about fulfilling my dream of raising our own chickens for eggs and meat. We are a family of 5, and my boys LOVE eggs. They will go through a dozen a day, if I let them.

Well, my dream was shot down one day, when I got a letter from the town stating that we were not allowed to have them. Our a-hole neighbor likes to call the town on EVERYONE around them.

Luckily, my father in law is going to take them temporarily, while I work on trying to get the law changed. I searched on here, hoping to find someone else my area that is fighting for this. I saw a comment on one thread from 2015, and they stated that they had a court date with the town, but that was the last that was said about it. I'm really hoping to find some more information and find others that are willing to help me fight!

Back
Top Bottom