Tractor Supply mixed ducks?

rayndance

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2021
I bought 4 babies from Tractor Supply. Upon first glance it looked like I was getting 2 blue Swedish and 2 Khaki Cambell. When I got them home, I noticed that my Khaki Cambell ducks are probably actually Blue or Chocolate Runners which is fine. HOWEVER, one of my Swedish ducks is running like a Runner! Also, one of the Swedish ducks has spots on it like the Runners have. I've never seen dark spots on a baby Swedish.

The breeds that could be in this assortment are: Pekin, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, White Crested, Fawn & White Runner, Black Runner, Blue Runner, Chocolate Runner, Saxony, Silver Appleyard, Golden 300, and White Layer. The minimum number of breeds included is 3, and the characteristics will vary by breed for these hardy, active birds. Taken Hoover's Hatchery's description.

Could they have been an 'opps' mixed batch?

Last edited:
IMG_20230329_224943.jpg
IMG_20230329_224912.jpg
IMG_20230329_224904.jpg
IMG_20230329_224908.jpg

i got a khaki mix from tractor supply 4 years ago, but he sadly passed away when he was a little over a year old. so definitely possible to get mixes from tractor supply. i still have his two pekin brothers :)
I'm sorry to hear that. I have 4-week-old Khaki male from my first round. His name is Roudy. 3 of the 5 babies I got 4 weeks ago have slipped tendons and I'm still not sure what to do with them. If I have problems with these, I'll order through a hatchery. I was trying to save money, but the quality of these birds is a little questionable. Again, sorry to hear about your baby passing!

I bought 4 babies from Tractor Supply. Upon first glance it looked like I was getting 2 blue Swedish and 2 Khaki Cambell. When I got them home, I noticed that my Khaki Cambell ducks are probably actually Blue or Chocolate Runners which is fine. HOWEVER, one of my Swedish ducks is running like a Runner! Also, one of the Swedish ducks has spots on it like the Runners have. I've never seen dark spots on a baby Swedish.

The breeds that could be in this assortment are: Pekin, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, White Crested, Fawn & White Runner, Black Runner, Blue Runner, Chocolate Runner, Saxony, Silver Appleyard, Golden 300, and White Layer. The minimum number of breeds included is 3, and the characteristics will vary by breed for these hardy, active birds. Taken Hoover's Hatchery's description.

Could they have been an 'opps' mixed batch?
Any updated photos of them?

I know this is an older thread. I hope you can answer this question. I got two from Rural King who also gets theirs from Hoovers Hatchery. I saw that one of yours had what looked like a crest. Mine were supposed to be Runners. I have a Fawn and White one that has a small crest that I had not noticed when I got it and now another crest starting off at the side of the head which is small. Did yours end up with a very big crest? I had not wanted a crested duck because of the problems they can end up with and was just wondering how yours is doing. Mine is fine so far. Thanks for any help you can give. My other one looks like a Rouen and I am not even sure if it is a Runner Duck or not. They are only 2 weeks old right now and I can't do pictures but Miss Lydia has posted them on the Runner Duck section for me.

Back
Top Bottom