Training Ducks

Jlw0903

Songster
Jul 2, 2019
Just a fun thought/discussion but has anyone ever taught their ducks tricks? Or have you ever clicker trained your ducks?
I'm thinking I might have a go at it. Just for fun. Maybe teach them to respond to their names or see if I can use clicker training/shaping to reduce my drakes aggression towards me (slim chances of that one working but nothing else has so might as well give it ago!)

Ducks can certainly be taught tricks, but the most I’ve ever taught my ducks is how to climb stairs, and to come when I say, “food” or “treat” haha. I haven’t used a clicker personally, but’ve heard of other people using one.

Clicker training to reduce aggression is an interesting thought, it’d be very nice if it worked.

Ducks can certainly be taught tricks, but the most I’ve ever taught my ducks is how to climb stairs, and to come when I say, “food” or “treat” haha. I haven’t used a clicker personally, but’ve heard of other people using one.

Clicker training to reduce aggression is an interesting thought, it’d be very nice if it worked.
Yes Im thinking if I can reward incompatible behaviors maybe it'll reduce the aggression though I have little hopes it'll completely stop it but it'll might be a fun project to test out and a good alternative to "traditional" methods if it does or something to do along with those methods.

Back
Top Bottom