Treadle for Turkeys??

skunknchatter

Crowing
16 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Northern Utah
Does anyone use the grandpa's feeders for their Turkeys? The wild birds are eating all the feed and pooping everywhere! I'm more worried about lice and diseases than the food I'm losing but getting a feeder the wild birds can't get into is necessary.

My turkeys live with a handful of chickens so I don't know if that will help or hinder them using a treadle?

These are my first turkeys that I'm keeping as barnyard buddies and not eating so this is a new problem for us. Over the summer we had a few wild birds but now that the snow and cold has set in there are hundreds!

Does anyone use the grandpa's feeders for their Turkeys? The wild birds are eating all the feed and pooping everywhere! I'm more worried about lice and diseases than the food I'm losing but getting a feeder the wild birds can't get into is necessary.

My turkeys live with a handful of chickens so I don't know if that will help or hinder them using a treadle?

These are my first turkeys that I'm keeping as barnyard buddies and not eating so this is a new problem for us. Over the summer we had a few wild birds but now that the snow and cold has set in there are hundreds!
I feed all my birds inside their coops. I kill any starlings that get inside the coops.

That will work when my home is finished and we get set up on our new acreage. But for now I have a run and a hen house that is only big enough for egg laying and sleeping.

The turkeys won't go in anymore so they have an open raised roost with a roof.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can...e=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&safari_group=9

It appears that the companies that make treadle feeders make step adaptations for turkeys. I didn’t click on any of the links. I have read some of those BYC threads that came up in the past, and have never yet been convinced to try treadle feeding. It seems like it has its advantages, but they are pretty pricey, so I haven’t been motivated to test one out.

If you decide to try it, let us know how the turkeys do with it.

Back
Top Bottom