Treating scaly Leg mite on a rooster that has a foot injury?

ReeseVa

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 18, 2018
I'm going to be treating my chickens for Scaly leg mites with Elector PSP, by standing them in it for 10 min. each. My Silkie rooster recently pulled out one of his toe nails. which I wash and rebandage daily. Is it ok to treat him?

I'm going to be treating my chickens for Scaly leg mites with Elector PSP, by standing them in it for 10 min. each. My Silkie rooster recently pulled out one of his toe nails. which I wash and rebandage daily. Is it ok to treat him?
I've never heard of that stuff for curing scaley leg mites, but perhaps it does. Since yours has an injury, maybe go the more traditional way of curing those kind of mites by going in the coop at night and slathering all their feet and legs with vaseline. You can mix some Desitine Diaper rash in it to help with healing or if you're putting antibiotic cream on his wound, put the vaseline over the top of that. Then you could still bandage it if you wanted.

You do this one night, skip a night, do it again the next night for a total of 3 nights.

I've never heard of that stuff for curing scaley leg mites, but perhaps it does. Since yours has an injury, maybe go the more traditional way of curing those kind of mites by going in the coop at night and slathering all their feet and legs with vaseline. You can mix some Desitine Diaper rash in it to help with healing or if you're putting antibiotic cream on his wound, put the vaseline over the top of that. Then you could still bandage it if you wanted.

You do this one night, skip a night, do it again the next night for a total of 3 nights.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom