Treating yeast in entire flock

Hssnider73

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hello.

There’s quite a few birds in my large flock that seem to have a yeast issue. I’ve ordered Medistatin powder but I can’t find info on treating the entire flock in their water. They free range during the day so it’s almost impossible for me to catch that many to treat 3 times a day. I could dose them before I open coops and at bedtimes but, I’m talking 20 hens that I want to treat. Is there any way for me to treat the entire flock through their water. I have a 5 gallon waterer so I’m trying to figure out how to mix and dose in that.
Thanks for any help

Hello.

There’s quite a few birds in my large flock that seem to have a yeast issue. I’ve ordered Medistatin powder but I can’t find info on treating the entire flock in their water. They free range during the day so it’s almost impossible for me to catch that many to treat 3 times a day. I could dose them before I open coops and at bedtimes but, I’m talking 20 hens that I want to treat. Is there any way for me to treat the entire flock through their water. I have a 5 gallon waterer so I’m trying to figure out how to mix and dose in that.
Thanks for any help
And yes I’m sure it’s a yeast issue. They’ve been treated with Elector PSP recently for lice and otherwise are in great health. No worms visible in any droppings or anything.

Last edited:
And yes I’m sure it’s a yeast issue. They’ve been treated with Elector PSP recently for lice and otherwise are in great health. No worms visible in any droppings or anything.
The Medistatin I have ordered is specifically to treat yeast in birds I’m just trying to figure out to dose the whole flock easily

A more natural way could be, coconut oil and a good natural yogurt added to their feed.
I use fermented food for their first feed in the morning and a little cider vinegar in their water once or twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom