TSC xl sentinel coop suggestions

Backyardtender

Hatching
May 7, 2022
First time chicken keeper! We just got 8 chickies and we’re planning on building but with lumber prices it’s way more affordable to purchase this coop for getting started. Does anyone have suggestions or pictures on how their coop like this is set up? What can I do or add to make it more functional and enriching for them?

Attachments

• A947F011-2664-4F15-86C1-0AB5B6A013CF.png
    A947F011-2664-4F15-86C1-0AB5B6A013CF.png
    636.8 KB · Views: 27
What can I do or add to make it more functional and enriching for them?

Functional:
More ventilation. Depending on your climate, maybe hardware cloth instead of solid wall on the side toward the run.

Enriching:
Perches in the run too, and a bunch of stuff for them to scratch through. Most things that would go in a compost pile can be tossed in the chicken run, and they have a good time scratching and picking through it. The deeper it gets, the better they like it, because bugs and worms start to live in it, and chickens like to dig up bugs and worms to eat.

First time chicken keeper! We just got 8 chickies and we’re planning on building but with lumber prices it’s way more affordable to purchase this coop for getting started. Does anyone have suggestions or pictures on how their coop like this is set up? What can I do or add to make it more functional and enriching for them?
That setup is $1,000. And I guarantee it's built as cheaply as possible.
You could do much better getting a used shed to convert into a coop then putting up electrified poultry netting for a run.

Back
Top Bottom