Turkey coop

Turduckin3

Hatching
Nov 8, 2022
Looking for some plans to build a mobile coop to house 3 turkeys and 3 ducks, I mostly see stuff for chickens and I’m concerned about the housing being too small for them. We live in indiana, so shelter from the cold/heat is needed too. Thanks.

Your best approach is probably to consider the square foot requirements for each bird. I don't know the numbers for ducks and turkeys, but you can google it probably or search in this website. The needs will vary, depending on how much run or pen area they have access to, in addition to the coop.

IME, turkeys don't like coops. They prefer open structures with sheltered roost bars. A Woods style coop with roost bars near both the entry and rear to give them a choice depending on the weather would be pretty good.

My turkeys share a large tractor shed with the chickens, and they invariably choose to roost as high as possible and near the entrance.

Right now I’m building a run that I saw on here, and it is mostly open, just trying to accommodate turkeys and ducks. We live central/south central indiana.

Back
Top Bottom