Tuxedo breeding?

calicocows

Crowing
Mar 14, 2023
Virginia
Im interested in breeding some tuxedo quail - will texas A&M crossded with pharoah eventually result in a mixed white and brown/darker color? (and breeders - what do you do with extra roosters?)

Im interested in breeding some tuxedo quail - will texas A&M crossded with pharoah eventually result in a mixed white and brown/darker color? (and breeders - what do you do with extra roosters?)
Southwest Gamebirds has the best educational information regarding plumage genetics on their website for free that I have seen.

I can't answer the question about genetics, but extra roosters typically go to freezer camp. You might be able to find a local dog trainer or falconer that wants live birds if you don't want to harvest them yourself.

southwest gamebirds doesnt have anything on tuxedo right now but i assume its codominance. i just dont know if white is recessive

i live in the suburbs so i dont know where id find a falconer or hunting dog trainer

southwest gamebirds doesnt have anything on tuxedo right now but i assume its codominance. i just dont know if white is recessive

i live in the suburbs so i dont know where id find a falconer or hunting dog trainer
From what I've read, if you breed a white with just about any other colour, you're going to end up with pieds. Tuxedo is a version of pied.

From what I've read, if you breed a white with just about any other colour, you're going to end up with pieds. Tuxedo is a version of pied.
okey doke! im so tempted to do a pied breeding project, its my fav color in most animals and not many people breed for it. ill have to build some breeding hutches or something as well as my aviary.

Back
Top Bottom