Tyvek (&/or other house wrap) as Hoop Coop Cover?

We purchased several billboard vinyls from BillboardTarps and were pleased with the prices and product.
And they have PVC POND LINERS!!! :wee
I'm putting my goldfish pond in next spring and was going to use EPDM again. These prices are much better and the claim is that they last longer than EPDM.
Thanks for the link!

So do tarps... I've seen house walls covered with the stuff for literally years :lau so I was hoping... Of course those walls are vertical only. Any suggestions?

If you are covering it with tarp like materials only to BUY TIME, while you save or build something else then it could be OK short term probably. You will probably want something pretty sturdy before winter comes thought.

Do you remember the brand name?
I actually went online after I read your post and ordered three, supposed to be super heavy-duty and just a few inches under the combined width of two cattle panels. I'll just cut off a few inches of cattle panel off.

My hoop is 3 panels. I doubled the tarp, and only have half of my run covered. Hopefully they work out for you.

I do not recommend Tyvek! Yes some folks leave it exposed for extended periods of time. As @DobieLover mentioned it is meant to be covered. Best would be an old tent or awning of some kind. Might be able to find one for cheap on Craigslist.
Have you considered metal roofing? Should follow the curve fairly easily.
I found some decent (I hope) tarps and ordered them. But yes, I'll be looking for something else when they wear out, as they must. I'd love to use metal (we have some old stuff I could salvage), or maybe that new corrugated "plastic" stuff, but not sure how to attach it to cattle panels without making a bunch of leaky holes—very inelegant. 🤷‍♀️ I suppose I could add 2x4 ribs inside to screw to. Maybe I'll do that when/if "they" get caught up and start stocking 2x4s again. 😢 For now it's gotta be made of stuff I have or can source.

Back
Top Bottom