Ugh first the heat and now Fowl Pox

awagnon

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Gainesville, TX area
Does anyone know of anything I can put on my hen's comb and wattles to relieve itching from Fowl Pox? She's constantly scratching and shaking her head like she's itching badly. She's got the classic pustules and then black turning bumps on her comb and wattles that look exactly like Fowl Pox. I know that it will run its course, but she's really acting annoyed by it. I thought about spraying some colloidal silver on the sores, but I believe it's caused by a virus and the silver is an anti-bacterial so not sure if it would do any good. I mainly want to help her with the itching until it runs it's course. Poor girl!

Thanks. I will pick some of that up. I do know not to mess with the lesions to prevent spreading, but I was hoping there was something I could spray/apply to the affected area to help her with the itching.

Walmart, Target, and other drug companies sell 10% povidone iodine in the first aid aisle a lot cheaper than feed stores. For general skin itching I like an ointment that contains menthol.

Back
Top Bottom