Unabsorbed egg yolk??? Ayam Cemani

Oh no, I was talking maybe a day, not a week. I can imagine he is lonely 😯 Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
It’s hard to see but it’s the black round spot. His bottom looks like that from the a@d ointment I was putting on him. He is other wise starting to put weight on and healthy . I had to help fix a splay leg with him also but he is 100 better. He is just lonely. I tried adding him with the other 5 but they where pecking the spot. I see some folks cut the spot off after a week or so but I’m scared lol. My heart is sad for this little fella. He was so happy wen he was with them for a few mins..

Attachments

• FA961574-F771-49A2-AB6C-A379ABF2A6D8.jpeg
    FA961574-F771-49A2-AB6C-A379ABF2A6D8.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 2
It’s hard to see but it’s the black round spot. His bottom looks like that from the a@d ointment I was putting on him. He is other wise starting to put weight on and healthy . I had to help fix a splay leg with him also but he is 100 better. He is just lonely. I tried adding him with the other 5 but they where pecking the spot. I see some folks cut the spot off after a week or so but I’m scared lol. My heart is sad for this little fella. He was so happy wen he was with them for a few mins..
Is that on his belly or his butt, I can’t tell.
Soaking it doesn’t soften it up where you can break up gently?

Try putting him in a container inside the brooder, so he can see them. When we needed to separate a chick, we went to the dollar store and found a fine wire mesh basket high enough they couldn't jump and see-through enough they didn't feel separated. But make sure he can get away from the heat source if he gets hot.

Is that on his belly or his butt, I can’t tell.
Soaking it doesn’t soften it up where you can break up gently?
It was when he was born the egg yolk sac or hernia. I see others that let it dry then cut it off. I put ointment on it to make sure he didn’t get mushy chic so I did that . He is better except for being alone not wanting other chics pecking at it. I’m just waiting on it to go away. It’s where cord was round on the spot about as big as pinky finger. Was just wondering if I should cut it or let it dry up? Again I’ve seen videos of others slowly cutting it off.. but I’m scared .. 🤦‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️😭

Did it ever fall off I have a baby this same way and haven’t got a answer myself. Is the chick doing well? Mine wants with the others so bad , breaks my heart it’s alone. As soon as this falls off I will put him with his brothers and sisters.
Yes it fell off 💕💕💕💕 and here’s my baby now, he’s currently 7 weeks old 🥰💕💕 and doing amazing
45DB0B6B-D19C-47DA-AA47-9C3B85945469.jpeg

And yours should fall off too 💕💕💕💕💕 I’m sending prayers 🙏

I’m sorry I’m so late to the party. I have a small flock of cemanis and have been hatching them for for a little while. I have had this happen to me, and I actually did nothing. I let him dry off in the incubator, put him in the brooder, and it dried up on its own. It sounds like you have it under control, he sounds like a little nugget 🐣🖤
This is him now 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 He is 7 weeks old And is doing amazing 🤩
2CA6BDB4-28F0-41B7-B00A-59447B452D14.jpeg

It was when he was born the egg yolk sac or hernia. I see others that let it dry then cut it off. I put ointment on it to make sure he didn’t get mushy chic so I did that . He is better except for being alone not wanting other chics pecking at it. I’m just waiting on it to go away. It’s where cord was round on the spot about as big as pinky finger. Was just wondering if I should cut it or let it dry up? Again I’ve seen videos of others slowly cutting it off.. but I’m scared .. 🤦‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️😭
Hi there. I wanted to see how your chick is doing. Did you wind up cutting the sac off or waiting? Mine is 5 days and drying up but still there. Curious what approach you took and how it worked out. My baby is also lonely.😢

Back
Top Bottom