Underground invisible dog fence troubles

superbouncyball

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 5, 2014
North East PA
We have a pet safe in ground dog fence.

We've had breaks in the wire over the years and find them easy to find and repair using a wire dectector.

However currently our transmitter says we have a break. But we are unable to find it using 2 different wire detectors.

We are suspecting the transmitter might be faulty. We do use a surger protector on the fence wires.

We did a 20ft test loop of wire with the transmitter and it shows the test loop complete.

Like i said, I'm suspecting a bad transmitter. But not 100% on this as it says the test looks is good.

Any thoughts.

I noticed your post a couple of days ago and hoped someone would have a modern idea for you.

We had one similar about 20 years ago and twice had issues. The first time, hubby used an a.m. radio. I doubt that works anymore.

The second time, he had an issue similar, he stuck an ohm meter on it by cutting it in half, then he knew which side and narrowed it down to a tree root.

He's outside now but I can ask him if he'd know nowadays what would be the best way to figure this out if you haven't yet. Not that you need an electrician, but he is one.

Our Invisible Fence 'mother board', whatever it's called, failed after being in place for almost thirty years. We didn't realize what was going on until the second set of new batteries failed after only two weeks, and the second episode of one of our dogs escaping. It was all replaced by the company, at no charge to us, because they didn't figure out the problem when the first episode occurred.
Maybe have your company come out? It's what happened here, we couldn't have fixed the problem ourselves.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom