Unknown Chicken Injury's

Eloradelgado

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2020
I have a chicken that looks like feathers are being ripped, and torn out. I do not see fights, but sometimes my rooster is rough However, when I bought a chicken saddle this did not cover her shoulders. These shoulder injuries look maybe self-inflicted? not by mating? maybe by another lady? I am unsure, how to fix it, it looks to be getting worse, do I take her to the vet? They are on both sides, and the marks look identical. only this girl has them..its odd. please I am a first-time chicken mom. please help! Thank you!

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 3
  • chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 2
  • chicken3.jpg
    chicken3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 3
  • chicken4.jpg
    chicken4.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 3
  • chiekn5.jpg
    chiekn5.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 3
I have a chicken that looks like feathers are being ripped, and torn out. I do not see fights, but sometimes my rooster is rough However, when I bought a chicken saddle this did not cover her shoulders. These shoulder injuries look maybe self-inflicted? not by mating? maybe by another lady? I am unsure, how to fix it, it looks to be getting worse, do I take her to the vet? They are on both sides, and the marks look identical. only this girl has them..its odd. please I am a first-time chicken mom. please help! Thank you!
Looks like rooster damage. I see missing feathers on both sides. This is common.

Back
Top Bottom