UPDATE egg(was Fluorescent bulb in the coop?

That is a little yellow basket I had for the clothsline clips. I have a solid cap under that and the basket goes over it. These are to cover the open top of the feeder,because the hens used to jump on the top and/or somehow poo got in the top...or tip it over. Here is a better shot from last night after I added a sand box,lol.

38921_feeder.jpg

I also use a CFL bulb rated at 23 watts (consumes about 7 watts of power), it is called a rough use bulb and appears to be coated with plastic so it won't break easily( got it at Lowes). It comes on at 4am and off at 8am via cheap mechanical timer.

I will have to check my bulb. I just got some at the discount store 2 for $1.Would be good to get a tough one.They would eat the glass I bet.

I got another egg today! Sweet.In 12 days I will have a dozen!

Getting 3 blue eggs a day now from my 5 EE hens. Sweet. I can start selling them soon! I just gifted my first 6 to my mom neighbor for helping her while she is in a cast.Hope he is not one of those*ewww fresh eggs are gross* types.

Lol, they could use one.The dust from the pine shavings can get bad if it is really stirred up! I will spoil the chickens but not that much.

Back
Top Bottom