update of new guinea owner (pic's added)

hunterblu123

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
SW Ohio
About 4 months ago I got 4 guinea's 2 pearl, 1 white and a lavender. This is my first time with guinea's. These guy are raised with chicken's. I have one white male, one lavender female, one pearl female and not sure yet on the other pearl. They are doing great. They have been out free ranging with the chicken for about 2 days now. I have no problems with them going back home at night. So far so good. Will post pic's tomorrow.

Last edited:
ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
Don't ya just love um?
Can't wait to see the pic's
caf.gif

roofrunners.jpg

I have to say ours were gotten so they would help warn me of problems in the pen. They have been there since they were about 25 weeks old and were not able to scatter running thru the dog pen attached to the chicken coop. But nightly they have always returned to the house to sleep so far. I was worried they would go off and perch elsewhere but havent so far and they been out there since Aug this year

Pretty Guineas!
smile.png

I really like your White one! I would like to add a few more colors to my Guin-Guin Flock sometime in the "Near" future ...
smile.png

I have Pearl, Pied, and Lavender. 11 guineas ... 6-7 of which are males ...
wink.png

Well you are lucky that yours are with chickens...mine were raised with turkeys and that is what they think they are! Right now they are still roosting with the turkeys in the trees...not sure what will happen after next week! Terri O

Quote:
Haha, That's funny!
Thankfully I've never had turkeys come up and hang out with my flock (s), except once .... about 50+ wild turkeys came up about 100 yards from the chicken coop and that was while I was out there and the chickens were all out in the wheat field eating wheat sprouts .... the turkeys were doing the same thing ...

Back
Top Bottom