Update on baby bird

Chicken37

Chirping
May 7, 2022
Near Austin TX
I put the bird back where I saw my cat with it and left for abt 30 mins. She is really young and nowhere near the proper age to leave the nest. When I came back she had moved abt a foot and the cardinal who I suspected to be the mom was flying food down to her and not letting any of our yard birds get too close to it. I’m just wondering wether or not I should just leave her there giving the fact that there are so many predators that would love a tasty treat on the ground and she doesn’t have a way to fly away or even hop away
image.jpg
. Should I keep the cats indoors during the day and bring the bird inside for the night?

Ok good news and bad news. Good new is I found which tree her nest is in, bad new is that it’s in my neighbors yard.
image.jpg

I’m keeping her in a fake nest rn because the Guinea’s keep trying to eat her.

Is this a wild bird? As far as returning it, I strongly suggest contacting your bird refuge and rescue place. They'll be able to help you. If you don't have one in your State, then maybe a game warden can help you. (Wild birds should not be kept as pets or in captivity, so the sooner you reach out and contact them, the better. ;) )

As far as the name, Einstein looks like it fits. (If it's a male. I don't know how to tell the gender on a bird that age. :p )

Einstein was outside taking a nap near his mom when I walked away for a few minutes, when I came back he was upside down and not breathing and there was a blood spot on his head. RIP

Back
Top Bottom