UPDATE: They are finally home!!!!

MarkRainbolt

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
Saint James Missouri
Well the Boys and Girls are finally 16 weeks old. So this morning I took the board off the front of their nesting boxes so they could examine them and get used to the wooden eggs that are in the boxes. So hopefully will will start getting eggs in a few weeks.
Mark
07AF7A8A-07F0-41C1-B4B4-970E2ED2A21E.jpeg

0B84F1BC-A963-4D7D-ABCD-BF59B360FC7A.jpeg
AC9F4972-C7BB-48BA-B95A-4966AF335637.jpeg

Is the one a rooster? The rest don't look mature enough to start yet. Are they mostly leghorn? Or Rocks?

Fall maturing pullets often will take a bit longer to reach the point of lay. Gorgeous flock. You should get a lot of eggs once they start up. :)

Is the one a rooster? The rest don't look mature enough to start yet. Are they mostly leghorn? Or Rocks? Fall maturing pullets often will take a bit longer to reach the point of lay. Gorgeous flock. You should get a lot of eggs once they start up. :)
Is the one a rooster? The rest don't look mature enough to start yet. Are they mostly leghorn? Or Rocks?

Fall maturing pullets often will take a bit longer to reach the point of lay. Gorgeous flock. You should get a lot of eggs once they start up. :)
There are 2 White Rock roosters and 9 White Rock hens, also 4 Easter Egger hens. They all are exactly 16 weeks. I have had White Rocks start laying as early as 17 weeks but most start anywhere from 18 to 20 weeks. The Easter Egger’s I have no idea when they will start for the simple fact I have never had any.
Mark

There are 2 White Rock roosters and 9 White Rock hens, also 4 Easter Egger hens. They all are exactly 16 weeks. I have had White Rocks start laying as early as 17 weeks but most start anywhere from 18 to 20 weeks. The Easter Egger’s I have no idea when they will start for the simple fact I have never had any.
Mark
Just going by their comb color they look a few weeks away from starting. In my experiences the EE will start around 5-6 months of age.

Back
Top Bottom