URGENT HELP

Ranita36

Chirping
Aug 2, 2020
Had a broody hen who I left alone to do her thing. Checked her when I heard chirping. Realized she had stolen others' eggs. Separated her, chicks and eggs to allow the other eggs to hatch. After 2 weeks I pulled the old unhatched eggs and sat them on the counter last night. Earlier my granddaughter asked if she could crack them for practice as she loves to bake. Long story short.................she cracked one and then we heard chirping. I panicked and peeled just the shell, then gently cut a tiny hole near the beak. The chicken finished the job of getting out, but I don't think it is full term. It hasn't opened its eyes. I placed it in a ceramic bowl on a wash cloth. Under it I have a bowl of warm water that I am changing out every 30 minutes.
Should I place it back with the mom? Should I let it get a bit stronger first? I'm clueless and don't want it to die.
I feel horrible.

Had a broody hen who I left alone to do her thing. Checked her when I heard chirping. Realized she had stolen others' eggs. Separated her, chicks and eggs to allow the other eggs to hatch. After 2 weeks I pulled the old unhatched eggs and sat them on the counter last night. Earlier my granddaughter asked if she could crack them for practice as she loves to bake. Long story short.................she cracked one and then we heard chirping. I panicked and peeled just the shell, then gently cut a tiny hole near the beak. The chicken finished the job of getting out, but I don't think it is full term. It hasn't opened its eyes. I placed it in a ceramic bowl on a wash cloth. Under it I have a bowl of warm water that I am changing out every 30 minutes.
Should I place it back with the mom? Should I let it get a bit stronger first? I'm clueless and don't want it to die.
I feel horrible.
@
Do you have an incubator?
Sorry dont know how to tag. I do not have an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom