Vent gleet/infection.

Re-check the crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.
That's the best time to check crop function.

Sometimes there may be fluid in the abdomen that accompanies Salpingitis. Your vet can best determine if the bloat is fluid or if it's just material that has accumulated in the abdomen. Not all bloat is fluid.

Re-check the crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.
That's the best time to check crop function.

Sometimes there may be fluid in the abdomen that accompanies Salpingitis. Your vet can best determine if the bloat is fluid or if it's just material that has accumulated in the abdomen. Not all bloat is fluid.
Thanks. It was alarming because last night it felt completely normal, so I wasn’t expecting that. I Was just hoping it wasn’t yeast as I did give her more antibiotics. Poor girl has been through it so I hope she pulls through.

Dosing is a bit puzzling on the Oxy unlike other meds. These 2 threads is the closest I've ever come up with.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ytetracycline-injections.713434/post-12167727
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/miracle-la-200-dosage-and-vetrx-for-crd-treatment.631458/

A lot of folks use Baytril, but it is banned for use in poultry, so it would be up to you to do research and determine if it's something you want to use.

I don't know when to say she's "better" or not. You report that she's been eating and not lethargic, just seemed to be struggling pushing out the lash/egg material.
I'd definitely get some Calcium into her as well. Since you are giving Oxy, there can be a contraindication with Calcium, so don't give her both at the same time, space it apart a few hours at least. Calcium may help with contractions, so if she's got more material in the oviduct to expel, it may make it easier.
This is what she pooped out over night

Attachments

• 8006CB1C-2A42-4217-807A-1ABDA69A1FE6.jpeg
    8006CB1C-2A42-4217-807A-1ABDA69A1FE6.jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 2
It sounds like an egg could have broke inside her.
Get some calcium citrate +D3 tablets and give her one tablet once a day until she gets better.
When was the last time she laid an egg?
Please post the photos.
This was my thought try the Calcium Citrate+D3

Not too good, is it?:(

Yes, it does appear to be more lash material. Hopefully the ABX will be helpful in calming down the inflammation and infection.
Keep her hydrated and eating. See how it goes. Some can rally and do o.k. for a period of time.
She has a vet appointment in the morning 🙌🏼🙌🏼 Hopefully she’s ok until then. She’s still eating and drinking just fine it seems thank goodness

Definite signs of infection but the vet didn’t really feel like she had anything stuck in her right now. She gave antibiotics and anti inflammatory meds. So far, she has been good since then. I don’t think she’s laid an egg since but she may be broken now lol
Thanks for checking!!

Back
Top Bottom