vent gleet, sour crop, doughy crop, worms, inbound egg, coccidiosis? HELP!

Emma89

Chirping
Oct 27, 2022
Colorado Springs
I'm a new time chicken mom my chicken is a little over a year and a half. She had some vent gleet last week I treated for that and everything seemed to be all cleared up and she was back to normal. Then this morning her poop was bright yellow and watery. She is only drinking water not eating (she usually is the first to any food in the morning) and acting strange, only standing still in one spot. I have quarantined her. How do I know what to treat for next? How can you tell if she has a parasite or worms? I'm lost and in need of any helpful suggestions.

Hi there,
What did you treat the gleet with?
What's her diet?
What's her crop feel like? Doughy, balloony, squishy, puffy?
I treated with miconazole cream and probiotics for seven days. she seem backed to normal for the last 4 days and today all these symptoms started.
she eats Nutrena NatureWise All Flock 20% Protein Pellet Chicken Feed. chicken sratch and meal worms. she get to free range in my yard for around 2 maybe 3 hours a day. I sometimes give treats like peas, watermelon, lettuce, blueberries things like that.
her crop is i guess balloony? it feels like its full of water like a water balloon.

I treated with miconazole cream and probiotics for seven days. she seem backed to normal for the last 4 days and today all these symptoms started.
she eats Nutrena NatureWise All Flock 20% Protein Pellet Chicken Feed. chicken sratch and meal worms. she get to free range in my yard for around 2 maybe 3 hours a day. I sometimes give treats like peas, watermelon, lettuce, blueberries things like that.
her crop is i guess balloony? it feels like its full of water like a water balloon.
She may have a crop malfunction, check her first thing in the morning to see if the crop has changed. If it's still full, you can treat for sour crop.

I'm a new time chicken mom my chicken is a little over a year and a half. She had some vent gleet last week I treated for that and everything seemed to be all cleared up and she was back to normal. Then this morning her poop was bright yellow and watery. She is only drinking water not eating (she usually is the first to any food in the morning) and acting strange, only standing still in one spot. I have quarantined her. How do I know what to treat for next? How can you tell if she has a parasite or worms? I'm lost and in need of any helpful suggestions.

See this post in your other thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/lash-egg-what-is-this.1596650/post-27142955

Back
Top Bottom