Water from Central Air conditioner. Is it harmful?

Devils Flower

Songster
Mar 20, 2021
Area 51
Help!
My husband turned on the Air conditioner today. I was just outside and my turkeys are drinking the water. Will this hurt them? My ducks and chickens have never had a issue with the water but I know turkeys are more delicate then they are.
They have multiple water containers.

Help!
My husband turned on the Air conditioner today. I was just outside and my turkeys are drinking the water. Will this hurt them? My ducks and chickens have never had a issue with the water but I know turkeys are more delicate then they are.
They have multiple water containers.
Water condensation from the air caused by an air conditioner is not harmful.

I do have to watch out for blue algae right? I can't remember where I read somewhere that blue algae is harmful for turkeys.
I wouldn't know anything about that. I doubt that a little would be harmful. My water buckets are coated with green algae and there have not been any problems with it. I believe it is the algae blooms that can be harmful to fish in the lakes.

A quick Google says that it is the algae blooms that can release harmful toxins.

I found it.
Blue-green algae is often found in stagnant water when temperatures are high. This algae can be toxic to turkeys if they ingest contaminated water.
Unfortunately it isn't that simple. It is only during a bloom that that the toxns are released. It is no more toxic to the turkeys than it is to chickens or any other animals.

Charcoal_05-17-2021-001.jpg

That doesn't surprise me.
You have alot of good things to say but from what I have seen only your way and your knowledge is right.
Thanks for letting me know that the air conditioner water is safe.
I have the education and the experience to back up what I say. There is more than one way to do things. Getting paranoid about things that some site does not provide the full information about is not smart. There are lots of false things posted on the Internet and you have to learn to dig through and move on to what is true.

There are lots of posts about how people started things out in ways that can turn out bad. They rarely come back and post about how things turned out when they go bad.

There are lots of posts about why is my turkey attacking me or why is my turkey attacking members of my family from people that imprinted their poults and their turkeys grew up not understanding that there is a difference between people and turkeys. The list can go on and on.

I normally post about what is recommended when it comes to nutrition. There is science behind it and why it is recommended.

I have the education and the experience to back up what I say. There is more than one way to do things. Getting paranoid about things that some site does not provide the full information about is not smart. There are lots of false things posted on the Internet and you have to learn to dig through and move on to what is true.

There are lots of posts about how people started things out in ways that can turn out bad. They rarely come back and post about how things turned out when they go bad.

There are lots of posts about why is my turkey attacking me or why is my turkey attacking members of my family from people that imprinted their poults and their turkeys grew up not understanding that there is a difference between people and turkeys. The list can go on and on.

I normally post about what is recommended when it comes to nutrition. There is science behind it and why it is recommended.
Good advice. I am moving on to what is true.. Google is great..

Back
Top Bottom