Watery poops for a long time.

I did as you told me she was ok for about a month then went back to this not eatting garbage. Her vent healed at that time. I've given her noodles only the last 3 days because she isn't eatting and is supper thin. She does empty her crop but she almost never fills it I was getting desperate so I gave her noodles again. But tonight I did the torpedo method of chicken food. I'll keep on with that with an all flock feed. Thank you for past and present help. I'll let you know how it goes. It's just bizarre 😕
Can you get some photos of what she looks like now along with her poop?

Again, what dose of Fenbendazole did you give and for how many days?
She's not thriving, so is she being kept from food, is a rooster harassing her?
Lice/mites?
Overcrowded housing?

Were you successful with the Torpedo feeding? Here's a very good thread about it, there's a video at first and if you scroll down, she's included photos of how to make the torpedoes.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...eeding-what-is-it-and-when-to-use-it.1532744/

She did let me torpedo feed her I'll have to get some photos in the morning, no it's just her and the silkie in the 10ft by 10 ft coop/ run. I only did the fenbendazole once about a pea sized amount of the squeeze bottle kind 10% fenbendazole. I did that on the 6th of Dec, her appetite picked up a bit for 2 days. then she got picky again. I wasn't sure if it was a one and done deal or a regime. She actually hogs food from the silkie. I put 2 sources of self regulating feeders in there.

She did let me torpedo feed her I'll have to get some photos in the morning, no it's just her and the silkie in the 10ft by 10 ft coop/ run. I only did the fenbendazole once about a pea sized amount of the squeeze bottle kind 10% fenbendazole. I did that on the 6th of Dec, her appetite picked up a bit for 2 days. then she got picky again. I wasn't sure if it was a one and done deal or a regime. She actually hogs food from the silkie. I put 2 sources of self regulating feeders in there.

Both birds were bathed and then dusted with diamatacious earth about dec 6th too.
Depending on how much she weighs, a pea size dose of Safeguard may have not been the correct dose. "Pea Size" is quite an old method of dosing which is not that accurate.

Fenbendazole is dosed by weight.
For roundworms only the dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.
For roundworms and other types of worms poultry can have dose at 0.23ml per pound of weight once daily for 5 days in a row, no repeat.

You bathed them then applied DE. Do they have lice or mites? If they do, then it's best to use a Permethrin based poultry dust or spray as treatment. DE is not that effective against an infestation.

Depending on how much she weighs, a pea size dose of Safeguard may have not been the correct dose. "Pea Size" is quite an old method of dosing which is not that accurate.

For roundworms only the dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.
For roundworms and other types of worms poultry can have dose at 0.23ml per pound of weight once daily for 5 days in a row, no repeat.

You bathed them then applied DE. Do they have lice or mites? If they do, then it's best to use a Permethrin based poultry dust or spray as treatment. DE is not that effective against an infestation.
It was more for there skin comfort, I didn't know if bathing to often would be irritating for the silkie. And about that time the egger was having bad poop stuck to her but feathers. So she got one too. But no mites no infestation, not even in the other pen of birds. Ah well I have a scale ill weigh her out and get the numbers and check with you again. Her poop was still pretty wattery and undigested looking after the torpedo feeding,

20230109_134832.jpg 20230109_134817.jpg 20230109_134917.jpg 20230109_134015.jpg 20230109_134804.jpg 20230109_134930.jpg 20230109_135558.jpg

It was more for there skin comfort, I didn't know if bathing to often would be irritating for the silkie. And about that time the egger was having bad poop stuck to her but feathers. So she got one too. But no mites no infestation, not even in the other pen of birds. Ah well I have a scale ill weigh her out and get the numbers and check with you again. Her poop was still pretty wattery and undigested looking after the torpedo feeding,
She is 41.7 Oz so 2.6 lb pretty small still and I can feel her sternum or keel bone. It's really pronounced and sharp.

She is 41.7 Oz so 2.6 lb, so . 57ml of the medicine for 10 days? Shes pretty small still and I can feel her sternum or keel bone. It's really pronounced and sharp.

She is 41.7 Oz so 2.6 lb pretty small still and I can feel her sternum or keel bone. It's really pronounced and sharp.
This poop photo is current?
The yellow urates are concerning and could point to liver dysfunction.
I'd work on them eating a nutritionally balanced poultry feed, drastically reduce things like scratch, mealworms, oatmeal, etc. and focus on them eating their normal food.

I'd consider deworming all the birds with the Fenbendazole.
If she weighs 2.6lbs then draw up .60ml of your Safeguard and dose her once, then repeat in 10 days.

If vent feathers are soiled, then giving a clean up is a good idea. You can just wash those feathers. While giving a full bath every once in a while won't really hurt, soap and water will strip the natural oils from the feathers. Chickens take dust baths and then preen their feathers to keep them in shape. They have an oil gland at the base of their take and they will wick a small amount of oil onto their beak and distribute it throughout their feathers to help keep them in shape.

Does her vent always protrude like that or just when you part her feathers and examine her?

This poop photo is current?
The yellow urates are concerning and could point to liver dysfunction.
I'd work on them eating a nutritionally balanced poultry feed, drastically reduce things like scratch, mealworms, oatmeal, etc. and focus on them eating their normal food.

I'd consider deworming all the birds with the Fenbendazole.
If she weighs 2.6lbs then draw up .60ml of your Safeguard and dose her once, then repeat in 10 days.

If vent feathers are soiled, then giving a clean up is a good idea. You can just wash those feathers. While giving a full bath every once in a while won't really hurt, soap and water will strip the natural oils from the feathers. Chickens take dust baths and then preen their feathers to keep them in shape. They have an oil gland at the base of their take and they will wick a small amount of oil onto their beak and distribute it throughout their feathers to help keep them in shape.

Does her vent always protrude like that or just when you part her feathers and examine her?
I'm not sure, I'll photo her vent again tomorrow to see if I can get you a better look. Yes that's current. And now that I can torpedo feed, I will not give them anything eles but feed. Is liver dysfunction treatable.

Back
Top Bottom