We have a winner!!

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
I ended up with 2 cockerels and only need 1 so I've been wondering how to decide on which one to keep and which one to rehome...I had an idea a week or so back and said to myself that the first one that crows gets to stay here!! Well, this morning I had the first crow!! He was kinda funny when he did it because he looked like he didn't know how he did it...then he followed suit with a few more just trying to perfect the art I suppose. I just happened to be in the general area so I could see which one it was....

Now, how do I get ahold of the other? Go in at night and pluck him off the roost? I have a friend who is gonna take him since he is without a rooster right now so he will be going to a good home.

Oh and I love that sound!! LOL

If you love crowing I recommend a black sex link rooster. Just take the other one at night
This one is a RIR...I'm kinda glad it was this one that won the contest, the other one has already bitten me so he was probably going to be a problem down the road.

I almost went with the BSL rooster but the hatchery said to get the RIR....however, I have some BR pullets so I will have a BSL at some point. :)

Now, how do I get ahold of the other? Go in at night and pluck him off the roost?
If you are young and energetic, have a fishing net, and he is locked in a run with a top so he can't fly out you can try that, but it is probably less stressful to you and him if you get him off the roost the night before he is transported and lock him in a cage or crate with food and water.

If you are young and energetic, have a fishing net, and he is locked in a run with a top so he can't fly out you can try that, but it is probably less stressful to you and him if you get him off the roost the night before he is transported and lock him in a cage or crate with food and water.
I told the fella that is getting him to come one evening around 9 with a dog crate and we will get him and he can just take him on to his new home....I figure as hot as it is that trying the fish net would probably kill him with the stress???

He is actually prettier than the one I'm keeping but he seems to be more aggressive as well...so I was glad of who the winner was. Not to say that with one leaving town the winner won't become more aggressive but we shall see....fingers crossed

Here's you winner...Teddy

Attachments

• PXL_20230703_192029605.jpg
    PXL_20230703_192029605.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom