We have chicks! Question about ages and Sexing wyandottes

Update on little runt Kiora lol Today she was let out with the brahmas and easter egger chicks for the day because of the hot weather and she acted alot better. Not so much statue chicken she was moving around slowly but also pecking here and there. So I hope its a good thing. My nephew said she looks like a crow. And when I showed him the others of her same kind he said they didnt look to much like a crow so maybe he thinks that because shes skinnier and smaller than all the other australorps.

Update on little runt Kiora lol Today she was let out with the brahmas and easter egger chicks for the day because of the hot weather and she acted alot better. Not so much statue chicken she was moving around slowly but also pecking here and there. So I hope its a good thing. My nephew said she looks like a crow. And when I showed him the others of her same kind he said they didnt look to much like a crow so maybe he thinks that because shes skinnier and smaller than all the other australorps.
Aw, glad she's doing better! Funny thing, I have heard that's something that helps australorps free range safety - aerial predators see them and think they are a flock of crows, so they stay away!

Aw, glad she's doing better! Funny thing, I have heard that's something that helps australorps free range safety - aerial predators see them and think they are a flock of crows, so they stay away!
Right I've heard it as well that black colored chickens are less likely to be attacked by birds of prey XD I've also noticed the jerk wyandottes bully the 3 other australorps less than the barred rock and the orpingtons I mean once in a while the australorps get a peck and a short lived chase but its less than the other two breeds. I'm hoping Kiora plumps up more. Shes 3 weeks older than the brahmas but still feels skinnier than them. I just hope when their put into the outside birds the brahmas will stay bonded with Kiora. Theres also the two easter egger chicks they seem to run to her when they get scared or when we approach lol

Back
Top Bottom