Weird poo

ChickenB12

Chirping
Jan 10, 2024
Bennett CO
Hi all!

I’m new still trying to figure things out. Just some background I have two dogs and I know they aren’t doing well when their poo gets weird

I have four chickens all hatched in August, I’ve googled lots of chicken poo but never seen one like this. Is it normal? It’s very cold here in Colorado and getting colder throughout the weekend. Any advice is much appreciated ♥️♥️
IMG_2718.jpeg

If yes hooray please don’t be too hard, I’m still learning

Were you concerned about that sort of red spot in there?

My guess is that's a cecal poop/shedding intestinal linings which is normal and about every 10th to 12th dropping should be similar.

Here's a poop explanation if you want to look it up or for in the future.

Were you concerned about that sort of red spot in there?

My guess is that's a cecal poop/shedding intestinal linings which is normal and about every 10th to 12th dropping should be similar.

Here's a poop explanation if you want to look it up or for in the future.
That and it looked a bit chunky. Their other poos have been more one long piece vs smaller pieces. If that makes sense. But okay perfect! thank you for your advice!!

They can get watery if that day for some reason they drank a lot of water or got fed juicy stuff like watermelon. If they stay watery or get like what you'd call diarrhea, give some probiotics as that should help. Sugar-free Greek Yogurt, buttermilk, Hydro-hen powders for water, fermented grain, etc. are all good sources of probiotics.

That and it looked a bit chunky. Their other poos have been more one long piece vs smaller pieces. If that makes sense. But okay perfect! thank you for your advice!!
Do you provide crushed granite (Grit) for you birds?

Sometimes an odd poop is just an odd poop. Watch to see if it continues. Diet and water intake can affect the consistency of poop. If no one is acting off, then I wouldn't be too concerned.

Back
Top Bottom